Oregon Strong lead by partner Richard Wise has embarked on a Veterans / Low Income Housing Project in Brookings.
Steps taken so far in this endeavor:
- A landowner has been contacted and is thus far willing to donate over 5 acres of buildable land within Brookings City limits.
- A property tour with owner, Richard Wise and Steve Beyerlin of Oregon Strong and a member of the Curry County Commissioners has been held.
- An agreement between landowner and Oregon Strong and the county to present a preliminary agreement written by Oregon Strong is ready to submit to the landowner and the county. This must be done before submitting this project to the county and city and stipulations therein are proposed guidelines.
- Research is continuing but it is apparent that there are multiple grant opportunities to build Veterans / Low Income Housing.
- Likely a non-profit trust would be formed with the Curry County being the Trustee. These would be rental units (Duplex Townhomes) for a long term rental. Grants require 10 to 30 years as rentals.
- We are looking at 24 to 30 Duplex Townhomes with green space and trails as well as a small pocket park.
- We will update this project as it move forward, as of now everything is very positive from all parties.
Example of Duplex Townhome:
House Plan Details
|Building Sq. Ft. 2,568||Height: 28.7 ft.||Plus is small foot print|
|Unit Sq. Ft. 1,284||Width 42 ft. – 21 per unit|
|Bedrooms 2||Depth 28 ft.|
|Baths 2.5||First Floor 690 Sq. Ft.||@5120.00 SQ. Ft. – $308,160.00|
|Stories 2||Second Floor 584 Sq. Ft.||Includes Permits & Assessments|
|Garage 0||Option build carport in front||Less $25,000.00 x 2 units = $50,000 / $258,160.00|
|$124,440.00 per unit|
House Plan Details
|Building Sq. Ft. 3,324||Height 28.7 ft.||@$120.00 SQ. Ft. = $398,880.00|
|Unit Sq. Ft. 1,662||Width 30 ft.||includes Permits & Assessments|
|Bedrooms 3||Depth 55 ft.||Less $25,000.00 x 2 units = $50,000 / $348,880.00|
|Baths 2.5||First Floor 688 Sq. Ft.||$174,440.00 per unit|
|Stories 2||2nd Floor 974 Sq. Ft.|